1800114000 OR 14404

All Days Except National Holidays(09:30 AM To 05:30 PM)

Consumer Support Portal (Version 2.3)
The University Grants Commission (UGC) regulates higher education in the country.
Providing Education is a service as defined under The Consumer Protection Act,1986 and complaints pertaining to educational institution can be filed before the Consumer Courts.
Consumer Fora cannot question the terms and conditions or the rules of prospectus or brochures set out by the Universities/Educational Institutes.
The courts can look into the complaints regarding misrepresentation in advertisement and prospectus about the recognition of the college.
If the course was unapproved or if no classes are taking place as promised in the brochures or advertisements or there is lack of facilities as promised the students are entitled to the refund of full fees.
If student wants to leave an institute mid way and is seeking refund paid in advance for the full course he or she shall be eligible for same. Processing charges may be deducted by the institute.
The fee receipts may say that the fees once paid shall be non-refundable. But,if they are paying for certain services and the institute fails to deliver the same as promised they can withdraw from the course and demand refund of the fees paid in advance. Rules in brochures are not greater than law of land as laid down by the courts .
The educational institutes cannot retain the original certificates.
The educational institute cannot demand fee for entire course from the student at the very onset of the course
University while conducting exams or giving admission to students into particular subjects or streams or while deciding fee structures, number of seats available, cannot be questioned before the Consumer fora as these are statutory functions and donot fall within the definition of ?services? as laid down under the Consumer Protection Act,1986.
Any prospective student seeking higher education in another country must obtain a student visa for that country.
It is a special endorsement that is added to a passport that governments issue to students who are enrolled at qualified educational institutions.
Student visas are non-immigrant visas that do not require the holder to obtain citizenship.
Visas can be applied for by the applicants themselves by visiting the VFS websites which provide exhaustive information and guidelines to the applicants. Grant of Visa shall depend on the Eligibility and the documents of the applicant.
Grant of Visa is NOT a matter of right and can be refused by the country through its Embassy or High Commission or Consulate from where it is being sought from.
The basic steps for applying abroad are: , Identifying the country, university, and the course of your interest, Requesting universities for Application forms, Taking various required tests, Arranging and preparing essays, SOPs, and recommendation letters (recos for short), Completing and sending application forms along with required document, Reporting various test scores to the universities
The documents required are: Valid passport, One passport size photograph (black and white / color), A Non-immigrant Visa Application (Form 156) available from the Consular section. Form I-20 executed by the authorizing official of institution concerned, and signed by the applicant. Evidence of financial ability to cover the cost of the education and maintenance involved. Visa fee to be paid in Indian rupees by Bank Draft
Fluency in English is mandatory for education abroad, whether it be in the US, the UK, or any other country. You would be required to take tests like TOEFL, IELTS, TSE or other tests depending on the country, university and program you are applying to. The minimum scores required in these tests vary depending on the college and the program. Individual departments and colleges usually set their own minimum requirements for admissions.
Each university and college has its own requirements or conditions for admission. However, there is considerable flexibility in the acceptance policies of most schools. The requirements are different for different countries. For more information please visit