Welcome to National Consumer Helpline
  • 1800114000 OR 14404
     All Days Except National Holidays(09:30 AM To 05:30 PM)
Home Water Sector
Where can a Consumer make a complaint related to Water Sector?
Water system is a state subject and every state has their own grievance redressal system.
I am not satisfied with the meter reading. Whom should I approach?
The area Zonal officer of the concerned authority should be contacted. There is a provision of special reading after paying a nominal fee.
What is the criteria for raising of water bill if water meter stops functioning?
If the consumer meter had remained functional for last 12 months, then consumer will be billed on the average consumption of that 12 months period till new meter is installed/ fixed by Water Supply Authority, otherwise for un-metered connections, the department charges at a flat rate of consumption as laid down by the water Department of the City.
Can the water being supplied be tested for checking of contamination?
Yes, this facility is available free of cost and the complainant can contact the Director of Quality Control of the department.
Can a leaking service pipe line of a consumer be got replaced by Water Department ?
Yes at a nominal cost for which the applications are available free of cost in the office of the concerned Executive Engineer.
Can a consumer file a complaint before the consumer courts for contaminated water supply?
A consumer can file a case in consumer court and can file a RTI in the same department.