Government of India
Department of Consumer Affairs
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline (NCH)
All Days Except National Holidays(08:00 AM To 08:00 PM)
IMPS is an innovative real time payment service that is available round the clock. This service is offered by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) that empowers customers to transfer money instantly through banks and RBI authorized Prepaid Payment Instrument Issuers (PPI) across India.
· Available 24 x7 (functional even on holidays)
· Safe and secure, easily accessible and cost effective
· Channel Independent can be initiated from Mobile/ Internet / ATM channels
· Debit & Credit Confirmation by SMS
· Funds Transfer and Remittances
1. Sending Money
2. Receiving Money
Query Service on Aadhaar Mapper (QSAM)
QSAM (Query Service on Aadhaar Mapper) – This service helps user in knowing their Aadhaar Seeding status with their bank account.
· This service can be availed by dialling *99*99#
· User will know whether his/her AADHAAR number is seeded/linked to any bank account number or not
· If yes, then with which bank and when it was last updated
The following channels may be used to initiate IMPS transactions.
· Mobile phones
· Smartphone- Bank App/ SMS / WAP/USSD (NUUP)
· Basic phone-SMS/USSD (NUUP)
· Internet- Bank’s Internet banking facility
· ATM-By Using ATM Card at Banks ATM
The sender enters receivers details like:
· MMID & Mobile no. or Account number & IFS Code or Aadhaar number
· Amount to be transferred
· Remarks/Payment Reference number
· Sender’s M-PIN
Both sender & receiver get SMS confirmation.
For using IMPS on mobile phones, a customer will have to register for mobile banking with his/her individual bank. However, for initiating IMPS using Bank branch, Internet banking and ATM channels, no prior Mobile banking registration is required.
Both banked as well as un-banked customer can avail IMPS. However, unbanked customer can initiate IMPS transaction using the services of Pre-Paid Payments instrument issuer (PPI).
Yes, customer can link more than one account to the same mobile number. However each A/C no. will have different MMID.
Mobile Money Identifier is a 7 digit number, issued by banks. MMID is one of the input which when clubbed with mobile number facilitates fund transfer. Combination of Mobile no. & MMID is uniquely linked with an Account number and helps in identifying the beneficiary details. Different MMID’s can be linked to same Mobile Number. (Please contact your bank for getting the MMID issued)
· Using Beneficiary Mobile no. and MMID
· Using Beneficiary Account no. and IFS Code
· Using Beneficiary Aadhaar Number
Banks and non-bank entities (RBI authorized PPI’s) are offering IMPS to the customers across India. List of member banks and PPIs providing the IMPS services is available on http://www.npci.org.in/bankmember.aspx
No, IMPS is an immediate fund transfer service, after initiating the payment request payment cannot be stopped or cancelled.
No need for re-registration if there is no change in mobile no., Registration is only requested if there is a change in mobile number only.
IMPS transactions can be sent and received 24X7, (round the clock), including on holidays.
Customer can log IMPS complaint with their respective banks.
The charges for remittance through IMPS are decided by the individual member banks and PPIs.Please check with your bank or PPI.