NCH Numbers

All Days Except National Holidays(08:00 AM To 08:00 PM)

Consumer Support Portal (Version 3.0)

Public distribution system is a government-sponsored chain of shops entrusted with the work of distributing basic food and non-food commodities to the needy sections of the society at very cheap prices. Wheat, rice, kerosene, sugar, etc. are a few major commodities distributed by the public distribution system.
Any person permanently residing or intending so to do in a particular location and who desires to have a Household Consumer Card (HCC), commonly referred to as Permanent Ration Card (PRC), can be issued one if he, or some other person on his behalf, is not already in possession of such a card, or if name of any member of his family is not included in another HCC.
You may apply for inclusion of your servant's name in your consumer card, preferably after getting his police verification.
For all specified articles sold through public distribution system (PDS), only one consumer card is required.
Witness of two neighbors or any other proof of continuous residence may be submitted.
In such cases, an affidavit attested by the area SDM/Oath Commissioner/Notary Public may be submitted.
The number of FPS/KOD is mentioned on your household consumer card. While obtaining your consumer card, you should ask for address of the FPS where your card is linked from the Circle Office.
You may apply to Circle Office on a specified form to get your card registered with the nearer FPS/KOD.
Household consumer card is available for lawful use for the persons included therein who are actually residing at the given address at the time of drawing supplies. In case of absence from the household for a period exceeding one month of any person included in the household consumer card, the holder of the HCC shall give prompt intimation to the FSO of the Circle in which he is residing and shall present his household consumer card for deletion of name of such person in case he is likely to be away for quite some time.
Allocation of food grains (rice and wheat) is made by Central Government under Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) @ 35 kg. per family per month for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families including Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) families in the country. Allocations of food grains for Above Poverty Line (APL) families are made depending upon availability of food grain stocks in the Central Pool and past offtake by the State/UT. The allocations for APL families in States/UTs range between 15 to 35 kg per family per month.
Sugar is issued on household consumer card where none of the persons included in the household consumer card is an income tax assessed
Prices of all articles sold through FPS as fixed by the government are displayed at the notice board of the shop.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana has been launched by the Hon'ble Prime Minister of India on the 25th December,2000. This scheme reflects the commitment of the Government of India to ensure food security for all create a hunger free India in the next five years and to reform and improve the Public Distribution System so as to serve the poorest of the poor in rural and urban areas. It is for the poorest of poor that the Antyodya Anna Yojana has been conserved. It is estimated that 5% of population are unable to get two square meals a day on a sub stained basis throughout the year. Their purchasing power is so low that they are not in a position to buy food grains round the year even at BPL rates. It is this 5% of out population (5 crores of people or 1 crore families) which constitutes the target group of Antyodaya Anna Yojana.
After the identification of Antyodaya families, distinctive ration cards to be known a "Antyodaya Ration Card" should be issued to the Antyodaya families by the designated authority. The ration card should have the necessary details about the Antyodaya family, scale of ration etc.
As this scheme is for poorest of the poor families, the person has to contact 1. For Rural Area: The person living in rural area has to apply on a plan paper with details of his family member?s income etc. to the Panchayat Pradhan of his area for this scheme. Gram Sabha will decide whether the family is eligible to be taken under the Scheme or not. After the selection of families the list will be further approved by the Department of Rural Development, Himachal Pradesh and the Ration Card will be issued by the Pradhan /DFSC or after the approval of the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department. 2.For Urban Area: The person living in the urban area will have to apply on plan paper to Notified Area Committee. After the selection of the families the list will be further approved by the Urban Development Department and Card will be issued by Concerned DFSC/ Authorized Inspector of that area.
The operational responsibility for allocation and distribution of food grains within the States/UTs, identification of eligible Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, issuance of ration cards to them and supervision over and monitoring of functioning of Fair Price Shops (FPSs) rests with the concerned State/UT Government. Therefore, as and when complaints are received in the Department from individuals and organizations as well as through press reports, they are sent to State/UT Governments concerned for inquiry and appropriate action. In case of any grievance relating to the above- referred aspects, the Food & Civil Supplies authorities of the State/UT concerned may be approached. Further, some States/UTs have established toll free Helpline numbers for redressal and registration of grievances under TPDS. A list of the toll free and other Helpline numbers reported to be established in the States/UTs is enclosed as per Annexure. NFSA, 2013 also provides for a two tier grievance redressal mechanism comprising of District Grievance Redressal Officer (DGRO) at the District level and State Food Commission (SFC) at the State level. For Toll free Helplines of PDS state wise see www