All Days Except National Holidays(08:00 AM To 08:00 PM)
PNR - Passenger Name Record is a unique number that recognizes your booking. It is a travel record of an individual or a group of Individuals, maintained in CRS (Central Reservation System) database.
Note:- Indian Railways has a 10-digit numerical PNR number.
TATKAL booking is meant for immediate travel plans. TATKAL booking opens one day in advance for every train at 10 am for AC (Air-conditioned Class) and at 11 Am for Non-Ac.
§ You can book TATKAL e-ticket online.
§ Every train and class has a defined tatkal quota and it varies from station to station.
§ Many of the trains does not have Tatkal category. You have to select the Tatkal check box in the 'Plan my travel' page along with other details for booking tatkal ticket.
§ Passengers have to be careful about their details provided while booking train tickets.
§ Your personal information is publicly pasted on rail coaches after chart preparation.
§ The only way to protect you from fraudulent transactions is to avoid quoting PAN details for identity proof. Do not mention your PAN card as ID proof while booking train tickets.
The Ministry of Railways has issued specific rules for boarding trains. They are as follows:-
§ Partially Waitlisted Ticket holders are allowed to board the train along with fully confirmed and RAC passengers.
No, consumer cannot travel without original counter ticket, because if the ticket has been booked through counter then it is mandatory to carry the original ticket otherwise you will be fined as without ticket.
Yes, instead of carrying a printout or hard copy of your Indian Railways train ticket, IRCTC now sends you SMS-based tickets that can be shown to the Travelling Ticket Examiner (TTE). In order to book tickets online, the passenger can simply log on to the official website of IRCTC by using his/her name and password.
You can check IRCTC Train Time Table or the Train Schedule and Train Timings of any Indian Railways Train atthis is one of the fastest ways to get correct information and find your train in real time.
· All you need to do is enter the Train Number or Train Name in box above to get the updated schedule of the train.
· You can find Train Name or number by just entering first 3 letters / digits and it will show you a list from which you can select the train.
· Train Time Table can also be checked at every station where enquiry counters are available for this purpose.
Yes, it can be accepted in any form of paper copy or digital copy till you are carrying valid photo ID proof of the passenger mentioned in ticket. Above lines are only valid for reserved ticket for Class Sleeper, CC and AC. For unreserved, photocopy does not work.
· No Refund is permissible against lost/misplaced tickets.
· Duplicate ticket can be issued only in case of lost/torn/mutilated, confirmed or RAC tickets
· The passenger can travel on the accommodation reserved for him as per extant Railway rules.
· Log on to the IRCTC e-ticketing website www.irctc.co.in by providing the correct username and password.
· Go to 'My Transactions' and click on 'Booked Ticket History' link on the main menu bar.
· All the booked tickets will be displayed.
The grievance should be forwarded to the zone, where the problem/issue took place.
Six passengers can be booked in single ticket.
For such cases, grievance should be registered at the next station of the train where the incident took place.
Divisional Railway Manager, of the concerned zone (the station where the grievance happened), a written grievance has to be made. Wait for 30 days for the response.
After 30 days, if no response has been received he can register the grievance at- https://railmadad.indianrailways.gov.in
Tier-3If the consumer is not satisfied with the response, he may move to the District Consumer Commission, following the procedure prescribed